Our Porcelain Crowns are durable and natural-looking
A dental crown is a cosmetic dental restoration covering an entire tooth or anchored by a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
Dr. Woods has designed and installed thousands of crowns during his years in practice. He customizes each crown to precisely match the shade, shape and translucency with the patient’s natural teeth.
Natural-looking, no-metal biocompatible crowns
For a completely natural look, Dr. Woods uses all-porcelain or porcelain-fused-to-zirconia crowns depending on the location and wear the crown will be getting. He uses durable porcelain that closely resembles natural teeth in properties.
Zirconia is a tooth-colored, very hard ceramic that provides a strong core for hard-biting teeth. For greatest durability and an excellent natural appearance, he can also make your crown out of a solid block of zirconia.
Dr. Woods also uses the more traditional porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns, which provide good strength and durability and are the most economical.
We use an excellent local lab we’ve used for years to create our crowns. They work closely with us on creating natural-looking crowns and other restorations, and in some cases their technician will come into the office to get the data he needs first hand.
When Crowns are used
Dr. Woods may recommend a crown for several reasons:
- You have a tooth that’s worn down or severely damaged by decay
- You have badly stained or discolored teeth. Another option is porcelain veneers
- To cover a poorly shaped tooth
- You have chips or cracks. These can also be covered by porcelain veneers
- You need a root canal, and a crown will be needed afterwards to strengthen the treated tooth
- A crown in conjunction with a dental implant replaces a missing tooth.
Dr. Woods can also use crowns to close minor gaps or fix minor tooth alignment issues.To make an appointment, call 410-647-1800 or click here to request an appointment online.